Melling Oil Pump High Pressure Fit Gen III & IV 4.8 5.35.7 6.0 6.2 LS1 LS6 LS2 LS3
High pressure performance upgrade for 689-M295 OE replacement oil pump. Stock volume, 10% increase in pressure over M295 oil pump. The cast aluminum housing is CNC-machined and hardcoat anodized. The cast iron cover is CNC-machined and phosphate coated. The relief valve features a screw-in valve plug with the optional lower stock pressure spring supplied. The factory LS oil pump suffers from cavitation above 6,200 RPM, which results in a drop in oil flow of nearly 1 GPM by 7,000 RPM. This cavitation can also aerate the oil, which causes drops in oil pressure and can result in oil starvation. This is why we do not recommend shifting any higher than 6,200 RPM with a stock engine. Engines that run at RPM's above 6,200 should use an upgraded Melling pump to prevent these issues. This higher maximum pressure can also help negate drops in oil pressure caused by the addition of an oil cooler setup. This oil pump is compatible with 4.8L and 6.0L Vortec iron block engines featuring Variable Valve Timing (VVT). This oil pump should NOT be used with engines that feature Active Fuel Management (AFM) or Displacement on Demand (DoD). Engines with AFM/DoD require a higher flow pump. See Melling p/n 689-10355 for AFM/DoD engines.
- High pressure performance upgrade for M295
- Stock volume (factory volumetric flow rate, around 6.8 GPM), 10% increase in pressure over M295 oil pump
- 33 PSI Pressure Relief Valve Spring
- 0.96 Displ (cuin/rev)
- The cast aluminum housing is CNC machined and hardcoat anodized
- The cast iron cover is CNC machined and phosphate coated. The cover also features countersunk screws for more timing cover clearance.
- The relief valve features a screw in valve plug with the optional lower stock pressure spring supplied
- Compatible with factory GM oil pickup tubes / 1-1/4" screens
Fits GM GEN III & IV LS and Vortec Engines Without AFM/DOD Applications:
- Gen III LS blocks LS1, LS6
- Gen IV LS blocks LS2, LS3
- Gen III Vortec 4800 LR4, LM7
- Gen III Vortec 5300 LM7, L59, LM4, L33
- Gen III Vortec 6000 LQ4, LQ9
- Gen IV Vortec 4800 LY2, L20
- Gen IV Vortec 5300 LH8, LH9
- Gen IV Vortec 6000 L98, L96, LY6, L9H
- Gen IV Vortec 6200 L92, L9H
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
high volume and good quality
Awesome quality and unmatched customer service from Michigan Motorsports
Delivered in a timely manner. Good quality oil pump that I purchased from michiganmotorsport. Good people ,prompt respond(s)...Will be purchasing other items from this company .everything you see in the pic is what to expect ...would have given it a 5 star but haven't put the pump on yet...