Michigan Motorsports Mail Order Tune
Gen 4 2007-2016 Style PCMs
4.8 5.3 6.0 6.2 7.0 LS2 LS3 LS7 L99 L76 L77 LY6 L96 LFA LZ1 LSA LS9 L92 L9H L94 LY5 LMG LMF LH6 LC9 LY2 L20
Once you add performance modifications to your vehicle you should have your PCM tuned. This is especially important if you have upgraded to one of our camshaft packages. Purchase our mail order tune and we will send you a questionnaire regarding the details of your vehicle including any modifications that you have done. Then you will be provided with a custom programmed PCM to match your vehicle and modifications.
Unlike the Gen 3 GM vehicles, the Gen 4 GM vehicles employ a separate control module for transmission control (TCM) that is calibrated independently from the ECM (Engine Control Module).
Original ECM/TCM may be removed from vehicle and sent in for bench programming or select to have one of our ECM/TCM sent to you. If we send our ECM/TCM then there is a core charge of $125 added to the price. If you return your original ECM/TCM the core charge will be refunded.
Choose one of these two options-
- Send In your PCM: Remove the PCM/TCM from your vehicle and send it too us along with the completed questionnaire. Once we receive your PCM/TCM we will program it based on your vehicle and modifications. We will then ship the PCM/TCM back to you to be reinstalled into your vehicle.
- Install one of our PCM/TCM's: Fill out the questionnaire and email it to us. We will program one of our PCMs/TCM's based on your performance modifications. We will then ship the PCM/TCM to you to be installed into your vehicle. Once you install the new PCM/TCM you can return your old PCM/TCM for a $125 core refund.
This is the details that go into each and every calibration:
- Performance calibrations maximize performance and mileage while retaining that stock driveability.
- MAF (Mass Air Flow) and Volumetric Efficiency tables optimized.
- Air Fuel ratios optimized for wide open throttle operation for naturally aspirated or forced induction applications
- Stoichiometric ratio set for the ethanol blended fuels that are found at the gas pumps these days.
- Timing tables carefully and efficiently calibrated for maximum performance for 87, 89 or 91-93 octane fuels. Most aggressive timing maps will be able to be calibrated when the customer uses premium fuel.
- Idle airflow, fueling, timing to name a few among other parameters will be gone through more extensively on vehicles with aftermarket internal engine mods such as camshafts for nailing down that good drivability.
- Torque management tables are relaxed. Torque management can be overly aggressive in stock form hindering performance.
- Improved throttle response from reworking a collection of different parameters within the calibration.
- Transmission calibration is completely optimized throughout. We are getting rid of those “lazy” slow shift times that can be found in stock form. Extended shift points to match the extended rpm range for vehicles with aftermarket camshafts for example. Torque converter tables optimized for aftermarket stall converters.
- Speedometer and transmission re-calibrated for aftermarket tire size and gear ratios.
- It generally takes 2-3 days to custom program a PCM and ship it.